Wimpy - the wool wizard by Foekje Fleur is a sheep with a mission: to ensure that your woolen items last a lifetime. Wool has special properties, it keeps you warm in winter and cold in summer, it is antibacterial, so it keeps you fresh. And with proper care, it can last forever. And this little wool wizard will help you do that.
With this set you will learn everything you need to know about wool care and repair. From removing pills to mending holes to the best ways to wash wool. Foekje Fleur designed a number of special tools in beech wood to make repairs easy, even for someone who has never tinkered before.
The Wimpy – the wool wizard kit comes with several wooden tools specially designed for this purpose (by Foekje Fleur), needles, carefully sourced materials and an instruction poster:
- pill comb, removes fluffy bumps
- mending macaron to tuck socks and sweaters
- wool brush, lint remover and base for felting
- storage for needles
- felting needle, to repair a hole immediately
- darning needle, suitable for all darning techniques
- pick up or snag needle, helps to pick up snags
- five types of extra stop wool from Schoppel
- five types of wool for dry felting from Kinderdijk by Koperdraadje
- instructions poster with repair and care techniques
Repairing your most beautiful woolen garments is not only fun, it is also good for the environment. The production of wool has a significant impact on nature and the sheep sometimes live in poor conditions. So if repair is no longer possible, take a look at the origin of your new favorite woolen piece.
More Foekje Fleur